Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cindy Loo Cuttlebug & Cartridge


Have you heard about the coordinating Cuttlebug folders for Cindy Loo? Well I ordered them. There are (2) 5X7 and (2) A2 folders in the set. I recently ordered them from Scrapbook Pal. They have free shipping for orders over $25 and they ship the same day most of the time.



I was anxious to try them out so I decided to make this card.

I cut the card front from Core'dinations cardstock. The color is a rich purple. I embossed it with one of the 5X7 Cindy Loo Cuttlebug folders. I then sanded the embossing with a fine grit sanding sponge. Here is a picture of the sanding sponge.

This is what the card front looked like after the sanding. Sanding this Core'dinations paper brings out the inner core color. I love the way this looks.

I then measured the block inside the paisleys and cut out the doily on page 72 of the Cindy Loo handbook. If you notice, this doily has a paisley on it.

I stamped a sentiment on my label. This could be anything you want but mine says, Be Still and Know I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10. I forget sometimes that He just wants me to be still and let Him talk to me.

I cut out the Peace from the font feature of page 72, made a label and affixed the word to it. I then stickled the P of Peace. I cut a paisley border from page 33. These 2 items I placed on the inside of the card. You still have plenty of room to write or stamp a message for your recipient.

I hope you find some inspiration from this little card. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Until next time, God bless you. Peggy

5 comments:

  1. This came out just lovely...Will have to think about getting those embossing folders as I have the cartridge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card i really beautiful. Love the color palette and the embossing and sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today, per the message board. It is very pretty and you do a great job on your cards. They are very pretty.
    Think I'll have to check out the embossing folders, I just got Cindy Lou, but haven't used it yet.
    Flo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, this is beautiful. I really like the sanded embossing. Thank you too for your kind comments left on my blog this evening. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy:) If you'd like to play along with the challenge I just posted just leave me a comment with a link to your project so I can come look, I'd love to see what you make! There's no official place to post it, but I'd sure love to see it:) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40