Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sympathy Card

Hi Everyone - I've missed being able to post something. Jacob started 4th grade last week and things have been a little crazy around our house.

I love to make cards but there is one kind of card that I do not like making and that is a sympathy card. This card is for a dear friend who lost her grandfather today. She sent me an email asking me to tell my Daddy to look for her Granddad in Heaven. She said he would be a good friend for my Daddy.

I simply covered the card base with patterned paper and cut the butterfly using the Indie Art cartridge (one of my favorites) at 1 3/4 inch. The sentiment is a stamp that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.

Hopefully, my life will calm down soon and I'll get back to doing what I love most - crafting!! If it doesn't, I'm going to be in trouble with my Mama. And you know how the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" HAAAA!! Love you Mom!! Well, thanks for visiting and come back soon!! God Bless, Donna


Donna, you funny girl. I've got your back, Sweetie. I know the stress of being a Mom with a child in school. I love you. Mom

5 comments:

  1. Just a note to say how much I enjoy your blog. It's the first one I open in the mornings. Your butterfly card is gorgeous and I'm sure will lift your friend up at such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna,
    This is such a beautiful card...I'm sorry about your friends grandfather. The black and white seem very appropriate and the butterfly adds a very nice touch! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful card! I think your friend will appreciate your card especially during this difficult time. Thanks for playing a long with Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Donna, a hard kind to make but you've done it beautifully. I'm sure you're friend will appreciate the effort. Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Creations challenge.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I have to try these! Thanks for sharing!

    Bobby & Jill
    http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40