Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sketch from Karen's Doodles Blog

Hi Everyone! I was visiting Karen's Doodles blog the other day and she had a sketch challenge posted on her blog. This is the card that I made using that sketch. I didn't follow it exactly but pretty close. Hope you like it!

I cut green cardstock measuring 5 x 6 1/2. I then cut the patterned paper at 6 x 2 1/4 and pink cardstock at 5 1/4 x 1 3/4. I covered my card base with the green and placed the pattern paper and pink on the right side of the card.

I next cut the following: green cardstock 4 x 2 3/4; patterned 3 3/4 x 2 1/4.




I placed these on the card. Then I cut - pink 3 1/2 x 3; green 3 x 2 3/4; patterned 2 3/4 x 2 1/2 - layer on card over the last rectangle.
Cut the band that goes across the card at: pink 5 x 1; green 5 x 3/4; patterned 5 x 1/2. (Karen's sketch had the band at the bottom of the card but I liked mine in the middle.)
I then cut out the scalloped circle (which is really a flower) off of Cindy Loo (can't seem to get away from this cartridge) at: pink 2 3/4; patterned 2; and green 1 3/4. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the top layer of the circle and pop dotted it. I cut the flowers in the left top corner using the border feature at: pink 2 3/4; patterned 2 1/4 and green 2 and patterned 1 3/4. I inked the edges of the flowers, curled the edges, and added bling to the centers of the flowers and in the bottom corner.
I thought the card turned out pretty if I do say so myself. Sometimes, it's fun to let someone else come up with the ideas. Thanks, Karen, for the inspiration. Well, thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll come again soon. Until another day, God bless!! Donna

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40