Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chandelier Birthday Card

Hi Everyone - I was at Hobby Lobby the other day (my home away from home) and I spotted this patterned paper. I immediately thought of the Home Decor cartridge that has this chandelier on it. I couldn't wait to make a card with it.
I covered the cardbase with the patterned paper. Using the Home Decor cartridge, I cut two chandeliers out of black cardstock at 4" and one chandelier out of pink cardstock at 4". At first I thought that I could pop-dot them but the cuts were too small, so I had to try something else. I decided I would place the cuts on top of each other slightly askew so that they would look dimensional. I then added bling to look like the crystals on a real chandelier. I cut a black and a silver metalic border and punched them with the double loop Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is a stamp I bought in the $1.00 section at Target.

Thanks for visiting our blog and for those of you that visited yesterday, thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers as Mom and I remembered my Dad on what would have been his 70th birthday. He was a great man, husband, and Daddy (I don't like that word "father)!! He is greatly missed!! Thanks again for visiting and we hope you'll come again soon!! Until another day, God Bless You! Donna

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Love the border on the edge and the bling on the chandelier!

    Bobby & Jill
    http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40