Friday, November 26, 2010

Ornamental Iron Gate Card

First off, did you notice our new look?  I really liked our other template better but we wanted two side bars for posting and couldn't find one that looked similar. The only thing, "our button" doesn't look like the blog now.  Help, Stacy.
Has anyone tried the Ornamental Iron cartridge?  It seems it is exclusive to Cricut Machine.  I made this card with it.  I think I could do  better on a second try.  I used Cricut Design Studio to do some welding.  The card is 5.5 X 5.5.  I used the window feature on page 52 to create the gate.  I cut each side at 2.75.  In CDS, I created the first panel, then copied it and flipped the image.  After that, I created the shadow.  Actually,  I didn't want a shadow.  I wanted it to fit behind the cutout section, so I cut it a bit smaller.  The vine on the outside is from Tie the Knot.  The flowers are cut from "Pretty Poppy" paper stack by Autumn Leaves. 
The inside message area is two arches ( 5.5" and 5"). I welded the window shadow feature and some shapes from George & Basic Shapes together to make the arches.  Welding just the window panels together would have created curved corners in the top and bottom of the cuts.  So by welding an oval to the top and a square to the bottom (where the two panels meet), there was a continuous flow of the shape I wanted to create.  I cut these from the same paper stack as the flowers on the front.  There is plenty of room to stamp a message or to write a personal message.

I hope this makes sense.  When I read back over it, I don't know.  I really need to get some video equipment for such things as this.  Thanks for visiting.  God Bless You!!!!  Peggy

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card - love the gate and flowers! Great job!
    Like the new look of your blog--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous. I tild myself I didn't need this cart, but I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Peggy that is just beautiful! I love the flowers inside-what a pretty surprise!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40