Friday, November 5, 2010

I Am Chosen To Be Guest Designer at Doodle Pantry for November

I received an email from Laurie Wilson at Doodle Pantry DigiStamps saying I had been chosen to be guest designer for November.  I feel so honored.  I'm a big fan of Laurie's digital stamps.  On November 6 a new challenge will start on Laurie's blog.  All you have to do is use a Doodle Pantry image for the challenge.  You will get the featured image for free AND be entered to win the big prize.  So please play along with us.  If you've been wanting to try digital stamps, this is your opportunity.

For my first post in November, I chose Laurie's Ibis Bird.  I looked up Ibis Birds on the internet and found they come in several different color pallettes.  When I first looked at the image I got from Doodle Pantry, in my mind I saw a white bird and there are some that are mostly white.  But I found there is a Scarlet Ibis so I chose this one to color.
My card is 5"X5".  I colored the image using Promarkers.  I hope one day to make a video showing how I use them.  I cut the image and punched around it with a new Martha Stewart Punch called Cherish.  I love how it looks like paper piercing.  The sentiment is also part of the digital image.  Laurie has a tutorial on her blog showing how to combine two images in MS Word. I saw this after I had completed my card.  I could have combined the two and not covered up part of my image.  However, I popped the greeting for dimension.  I love the way it turned out.  I hope we can inspire you to try digital stamping.  It has become a favorite of mine and Donna's.

Thanks for visiting our blog.  Please tell your friends about us.  Don't forget Laurie's challenge tomorrow.  God Bless You!!! Peggy

5 comments:

  1. Peggy,
    First off, congrats on being chosen. I can see why, your work is fabulous.
    And omg, let's talk about your card. I love love the bird, the colors, the shape, everything.
    The bird almost appears to be 3-d. I absoutely love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being chosen as a guest designer!!!! What an honor.

    Your card is very pretty. I love the colors you used! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! That's WONDERFUL!!! can't wait to see what you create :-)

    -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you've got for us:) I'd love to try my hand at digital stamps! We'll see what I can do:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40