Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Feel Better Soon

Remember the newlyweds?  They flew to St. Lucia last Monday for their honeymoon.  Last night St. Lucia was hit with a category 2 hurricane.  We have heard nothing from them since Saturday.  The parents have tried all day.  My son called the International Red Cross tonight and gave all their information to them.  Hopefully we will hear something soon.  Please say a prayer for them.

I made this card today for a friend who found out recently she has stage 4 cancer.  I think you know how much I hate this disease.
Martha Stewart has a lot of new punches.  Of course, I had to have a couple of them.  I used the Wild Flowers Deep Punch Around The Page Punch on the top layer of this card.  On the plaid paper, I used a Fiskars Emboss Plus Corner Punch.  The flowers were made from a digital image I won from Crafty Ann's Digi Shop.  The sentiment was cut from the Lyrical Letters cartridge.
The message section of the inside of the card duplicated the colors of the outside.  The edges were inked with orchid colored ink.  I used another Martha Stewart punch (Lattice Heart Deep Edge) for the border.

Thank you for your comments and visits.  We love to read the comments.  God Bless You!!!!  Peggy

13 comments:

  1. Peggy this card is beautiful and I can't think of a better use for your prize than to make your friend feel as loved as this card definitely will.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and your family.
    This card is very pretty. I have yet to try those big MS punches, but you have inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy,
    This card is very pretty. I love the colors. The plaid behind the white adds a nice touch. I am sure your friend will love it. I will definatly say a prayer for your friend.
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the punches!! Looks great! TFS

    Jennifer
    cricutdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get great news soon about the newlyweds. Your card is truly beautiful. It's sure to lift your friends spirits. You have my prayers on both counts. Love that new punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Hope your family is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much bad news! Your card is just beautiful. I'm sure it will cheer her up if for even just a while.

    sherri_braun@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Prayers for the newlyweds and their families that all is well with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty-love all the punches! Looks like lace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you heard they were ok! I will say a prayer for your friend tonight and ask god to help give her the strength her and her family needs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very pretty card. I'll be praying for your friend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I will say a prayer for your friend.

    I am with you - this disease is horrible!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40