Thursday, November 4, 2010

Elegant Cakes Celebrate Card

Donna and I are presently offering the Elegant Cakes Cartridge as blog candy.  I wanted to make another card using it. 
 I had purchased a small stack of Simply Elegant paper by The Paper Studio.  So I decided to put the two together.  My card is an A2 size.  I chose two different papers and added them to my card front.  I tied a ribbon around them before I adhered them to the card.  I cut the flower using Elegant Cakes and another gold colored paper.  I believe the sizes were 2 3/4", 2 1/2" and 2 1/4".  I cut between the flower petals a little deeper because I wanted my flower to curl out more.  I curled the petals with a round pencil, adhered them together and then inserted a black and gold brad.  This is a simple card but sometimes the paper you use makes the card and you don't need a lot of embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by.  We love your visits and comments.  God Bless You!!!  Peggy

10 comments:

  1. I don't see your card:( Sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, I don't see your card and by your description...I would love to!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for the reminder that simple cards can be so elegant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy,
    What a pretty card, I love the colors you used.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how simple but beautiful this card is! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna & Peggy,
    I already commented on how great I think this card is, but I wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for ya. Be sure to swing by and pick it up
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is not showing in your daily feed. I always check out your blog anyway. This card isgorgeous. So elegant and your'e right, it doesn't need anything else. Thatpaper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful! The papers do make such a difference, don't they?! Thank you for your inspiration! (Your card is showing up thru email...that's how I got here.)

    Carol
    aka cyimbugbitten

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is BEAUTIFUL the paper and flower are so elegant. Beautiful card!!! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40