Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Unscripted Sketches Challenge #74

Unscripted Sketches has a new challenge each Saturday.  This is the card I created for that challenge.  There is only a small amount of Cricut in it.  I used George to cut some of the basic shapes.

The background paper is from a stack Donna and I shared so I don't have the cover to know the name (sorry).  The bottom layer of the flower is made by cutting a 12" X 1 1/2" strip.  Score every 1/4" and fan fold.  Glue the ends together.  Working on a flat surface, fan the bottom out making a circle.  Place something on top for now to keep it from popping back up.  Cut a circle of paper and glue on the bottom of the flower to help stabilize it.  The top layer is another strip cut at 3/4" X12".  Use the same directions for this layer.  Glue it to the bottom flower and place a large brad or embellishment on top to cover the hole.  It's very simple. 

Please let me know how you make out with the pleated flowers.  If I can help you, please email me.  Thank you for following our blog.  God bless you.  Peggy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Peggy, I just love your flower and the center is perfect. I made one of these a year or so ago but never got around to making another one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layered look. So talented! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Peggy! I love your fan folded flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the pleated flower. So glad you joined US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card! The colors have that fallish feel that everyone is seeking this time of year! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches! Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fall colors and awesome flower! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40