Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Thorn in My Flesh

This card has been a thorn in my flesh today.  I know I must be bleeding from being pricked by it.  There is just something about it I don't like and I can't put my finger on it.  I need some male birthday cards but I'm not sure I will send this one.  LOL

I started by embossing my background paper with Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder.  My card is actually taller than the folder but I turned it around and embossed the other end of the card.  That made a definite mark so I covered it with "Happy Birthday" ribbon.  I cut 3 1 1/2" scalloped circles from Lacy Labels cartridge; embossed them with the Birds & Swirls Cuttlebug folder making sure to get a bird in each circle.  I popped the circles with pop dots.  The bird house is a  digistamp from Creative Mind of Silvie.  (This lady is very generous with her digis.  She has a free one every week.  Be sure to check her out.)  I inked the edges of the card with brown ink.

I'm asking for constructive criticism on this card.  I'm thinking the background is not dark enough.  It looks pinker in the picture than it really is.  It's a light terracotta.  I've asked Donna about it but I think she's afraid she'll hurt my feelings.  LOL. 

Thanks for dropping by our little place of happiness.  We love your visits and comments.  God Bless You.  Peggy

4 comments:

  1. Without being able to see the "true" colors, I think I might try using the darker brown that you used for the bottom circle as the background and the lighter brown for the bottom circle. I like the design very much and think it makes a great masculine card. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't see anything wrong with your card.I think it's pretty.Maybe you don't feel it's balanced. I would try this - either put another green circle instead of the brown one on the bottom - or put the brown one in the center and put another green one, and leave out the yellow one. Hope this helps you. Love that stamp and the way you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy,
    I don't see anything wrong with your card either. I think it turned out great.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just wonderful! Love the details and the textured scalloped circles are really a great idea! Adds so much to the card!

    Most Sincerely,
    Bobby & Jill

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40