Sunday, September 12, 2010

HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY, MOM!!!

Today is the day that grandchildren are supposed to honor their grandparents. Well, I've said it before and I have to say it again, my son thinks the sun rises and sets in my mom's, otherwise known as Mamaw, eyes. He thinks there is no one like his Mamaw!! When we are visiting her or when she comes to our house, he gets mad if he thinks I'm "hogging his Mamaw" - if he thinks she's not paying him enough attention. Yes, he's spoiled in a good way and I must say that Mamaw helped along with that. Last week when we were at Mamaw's house, Jacob took Mamaw into her bedroom to watch one of his movies. Well, I sat down at the dining room table to work on something and my Mom happened to glance over at me to see what I was doing. Well, Jacob proceeded to get off the bed and close the bedroom door. He said that I was distracting Mamaw!! He's a mess but he's very protective of his "Mamaw time"!!

Jacob and I made this card for Mamaw for Grandparent's Day. I have a little surprise for her that she'll get whenever we visit each other next. This is just a simple card but it holds a whole lot of love for the person receiving it.

I cannot let this day go by without saying Happy Grandparent's Day to my daddy who I know is watching over Jacob from Heaven. They had a very special relationship too. Jacob misses his Papaw greatly (as we all do) and there's hardly a day goes by that Jacob doesn't mention something his Papaw said or did. Every night when he is saying his prayers, he prays to God to "please tell Papaw I said HI!" I'm sure that Daddy hears Jacob's prayers!!

A child's relationship with his/her grandparents is so important to a child. I am so thankful that my son has been able to experience a wonderful relationship with both my parents.

Thanks Mom and Daddy for being such wonderful grandparents to Jacob - we love you bunches!!! Happy Grandparent's Day!! Until another day, God Bless! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40