Thursday, January 30, 2014

Card Set - Simple

I went to Michael's Monday to get the yarn for Donna's scarf.  While I was there I checked out the Studio G bins.  I love all that $1 stuff.  I found several packs of note cards (one pictured below.  I thought the embossing on this one was really nice.

I've been wanting to make a card set for a friend as a thank you for helping me.  I decided this set of cards would make a nice one.  So I started.  I knew I would need labels, so I turned on my trusty Cameo and looked for a file I could use on these.  The one I chose is Stacked Label Set by Sophie Gallo-Design ID#40619.  It is a multi-layered label but I separated it and only used 2, one for the wording and a larger one for the shadow.  I made a pageful of each phrase to have some on hand in the future.  I used a font on my computer for the wording.
Here are pictures of the finished cards.  I attempted to  color the embossing on one of them but I don't really like the way it turned out.  I used ribbon, trim and gems I had on hand to complete them.  Super simple cards but I like how they turned out.  I hope my friend will like them.



Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you're staying warm.  I'm getting cabin fever from being iced in.  God Bless You!!!  Peggy

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! Your cards are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what a great idea. I was just at Michael's today and never thought to look for something like that. I am sure your friend will like them. I also can't wait for warmer weather. This the worst winter we had in 3 years. i guess we got a little spoiled.

    Kathy
    Bethlehem, PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peggy & Donna
    beautiful way to give a thank gift, thank you for sharing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40