Thursday, January 9, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! THANK YOU CARD - Samantha Walker and Silhouette

HI Everyone!!!  Oh my goodness, it's been so long since I've done a post of our blog, I hope I can remember how to do it!!  Life for me has been so busy the past couple of months with work and homework for Jacob who is in the 7th grade.  He is working on things that I didn't have to do until high school or college.

Well, I actually went into my "happy space" the other day after months of neglect.  I came out sneezing from all the dust that was on all my machines and paper.  So after I dusted everything off, I sat down to make some Thank You cards.  Let's just say that it had been so long since being in there, I couldn't find some of the supplies that I "knew I had" and still haven't found them - HA!!!!  But I know they're in there somewhere!!!

I decided to use my Silhouette Cameo to make the Thank You cards for a couple of reasons.

1.  Easy peazy
2.  Been so long since I'd made anything, I couldn't come up with an idea of my own.

I downloaded the Thank You card kit from the Samantha Walker gallery and quickly began cutting out all the different pieces.  I used my Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder to emboss the top layer of the card and then cut out the snowflake from glitter paper.  I was all sparkly from the glitter paper after making the cards - teehee!

I assembled the cards after all the pieces were cut.  I was able to find a blue brad to attach the snowflakes to the cards.

All in all, I think it turned out pretty cute for my first card after months of non-creativity!!  Thank you for stopping by today, we appreciate your visits and your comments.  I hope you'll come back tomorrow.  I have a birthday card that I made for a "fishing fanatic" to show you.

Here are a few challenges to enter my card in:

 Crafter's Cafe -Anything goes 
 Creative Moments -  Anything goes  (2nd week)  
Handmade Harbor -  Pink or Blue
Nutcrafters -  Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty -   Anything Goes 
Stampavie and More - Blue and White  (2nd week)
Until another day, God Bless You!!! Donna

11 comments:

  1. Just lovely, Donna! Have to tell you that I am SO impressed at how perfectly you lined up those pretty scalloped edges! TFS : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The Silhouett4e card kits save me lots of times. Welcome back. How is your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm so glad to see you back on our blog. The card is so cute. I knew you could do it, Baby. Love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card it's nice to get back into a happy space after some time away - thank you for sharing at Handmade Harbour Mid-week Paper Craft Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the shape of your card and the embossed background!

    Thanks so much for joining us at SAM.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really super card.Great embossing.Thanks for joining in with us over at Nutcrafters.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love the embossing, thank you for playing at Creative Moments
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card perfect for winter time! Thank you so much for joining us this week in our Pink or Blue Challenge over at Handmade Harbour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card - must get started on mine for this year! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  11. The embossing is fab, great design! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40