Friday, January 10, 2014

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY, BRADEN!!! - Silhouette Cameo

Hi Everyone!!  It's me again - two days in a row!!  

I have a wonderful friend named Sherry who's son Braden is turning 16 next week.  Braden and my son, Jacob, have birthdays that are three years and 2 days apart.  The funny thing about Braden and Jacob is that they have a LOT of the same behavior traits, personality, and actions even though they are three years apart.  Sherry and I have talked about how if Braden has done it - gone through it, then I know that Jacob will too.  We don't know if it has anything to do with their birthdays being so close - you know all that astrology stuff - but there is definitely something going on.  

Well, Braden is a "fishing fanatic" so I decided to make him a card that has something to do with fishing.  I did a search in the Silhouette Online Store and up popped a "fishing reel."  BINGO!  I purchased the cut file and proceeded to cut out the different pieces.  The only problem with the cut file is that I needed a card.  So how I fixed that is I merged two circles together in order to form the card base.  Then I adhered all the pieces to the card base.

For the sentiment inside, I typed - "Wishing you a 16th birthday that is "off the hook!!"  Jacob liked that sentiment - he thought it was "funny punny!"  The assembled card is below:




Thank you so much for coming back today - Mom and I appreciate your visits and comments!  I'm working on another project that will take me a few more days to complete.  I'm making an 8 x 6 scrapbook for a friend of mine that is having a baby in March.  I'm using my Expression and the Artbooking cartridge which is making it very easy to make.  Hope to see and hear from you soon!!

Until another day, God Bless You!! Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40