Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fluttering By To Say...

Welcome to our new followers and to our regular visitors.  We hope you find some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing.


Hi Everyone - I made this card to enter the Sketch Challenge on the CDAC website.  I made this card for the best boss in the world who just happens to be my boss.  She is always doing things to show me her appreciation so I made this card to say thank you.

I cut the scalloped circle using the Bloom Cricut Cartridge at 4 3/4" and the regular circle with the George Cartridge 4 1/4".  The digi was provided in the challenge and I colored the butterflies with the following Promarkers:

Pastel Green
Mint Green

Thanks for stopping by our blog today.    Until another day, God Bless!  Donna

Donna and I were working on this challenge at the same time.  We did not discuss how we were coloring this image.  It amazes me sometimes that we choose colors so similar even though we're miles apart.  I love her card.  Ms. Jean is going to love it.  Here is my take on the image.

Materials used:
5X6.5" card base
Background papers - GCD Studios Ella Blue
Flowers - Mother's Day Bouquet- Petals cut at 1", .75" and .5"
Jewels for ceners
Scallop - Bloom Cricut Cartridge - cut at 5"
Circle - Bloom Cricut Cartridge - cut at 4.5" 
Embossing on card base - Cuttlebug Kassie's Brocade - I don't think you can see much of the embossing on my card.  
Promarkers used:
Butterfly - Powder Blue, Pastel Blue, Carmine, Canary, Bright Green

I do hope you will come back tomorrow.  We love your visits and comments.  God Bless You!!!  Peggy

4 comments:

  1. Oh ladies!! These are just gorgeous - love the colors and the design is fabulous! Beautiful creations! Thanks for sharing and good luck in the challenge!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards. Good luck in the challenge
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both made such beautiful cards.You should both win.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40