Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mod Squad Challenge - Mother's Day

Today is my day to host the Mod Squad Challenge along with Lisa Babitz.  We have 2 lovely sponsors, Kat Scrappiness and Sparkle n Sprinkle,  along with 2 great prizes.  So you will want to enter.  You may enter as many as 3 times.

Our theme this week is Mother's Day.  I have a confession to make about Mother's Day.  I used to hate to go to church on Mother's Day because the preacher would get up and talk about this perfect, super- human Mother.  I didn't know any Mothers like that especially me.  All the mothers I knew had flaws, like everyone else.  Then I realized, we don't have to be perfect (no one is), we just have to love our children and do the best we can.  My kids turned out to be great adults, not because I was perfect but because God kept his hand on them.  

Now on to my card for the challenge.
Card Supplies:
5X7 card base
Image - Daisies Digital Stamp Set from Sparkle n Sprinkle
I printed the image in the middle of a piece of white cardstock, then used an Anna Griffin Ornamental Frame Die to cut it out.
Image colored with Promarkers
Tiny beads added to center of flowers 
Sentiment - foiled in mint green foil

I would love to give this card to my Mother but she is no longer with us.  She would have been 100 this year had she lived.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I do hope to see your creations in our Mod Squad Challenge.  


God Bless You!!!  Peggy 

Challenges for this card:
Creative Card Crew 2W - #111 Embossing (wet or dry) (week 1)
Die Cuttin' Divas W, must include a Die-cut - #263 - April's Symbols (flowers and/or bling) 
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations M,(3rd Tuesday) 2E - Spring/Flowers
Passion For Promarkers Challenge W must use promarkers - #343 Make it Digital
Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown W- #291 -  Anything Goes
Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas - 2W - (Week 1) In the Garden
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3, F - Always Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning. I love how you have colored the flowers inside that beautiful frame. And the beads for the centers are the perfect final touch. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Love the pretty colors and flower image!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card. I just love the colors of the pretty bouquet and that is a great die that showcases them. And, we are so blessed that God intervenes for us mothers and fathers when we have a few shortcomings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Peggy! Love the bright colour tones on the flowers and the seed beads on the centres. Lovely die cut shape and simple design. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the beads and the bright colours, your card is beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! Could this be any prettier? I think not! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love that gorgeous die-cut. Thank you for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas

    In The Garden Linky Party
    . Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so petty! Love the image and die used. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing card. Love the colours, the image, the look. Really lovely. Thanks for joining my digital challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Peggy. I love the pretty image and your colouring is perfect. Gorgeous die cut frame too. Thanks for joining us at PFP for Marie's 'make it digital' challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is gorgeous! The frame die cut you used is so pretty and is the perfect backdrop for your beautiful floral image. I love the colors you chose, and you did a great job coloring them. Those beads in the centers of the flowers look amazing! Love your foiled greeting as well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40