Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hoots Birthday Is It

Hello Everyone!  I had a relaxing day of card-making on my day off.  I spent most of the day in what I call "My Happy Space," technically known as my scrapbook area.  My daddy always referred to my Mom's and my area to scrap as our "Woman Caves!!"  He always enjoyed seeing us working away on a project when I visited them for the weekend or going off to some scrapbook store or convention.  I know that he's smiling down from Heaven to see that Mom and I have finally started our blog.  It was something he strongly encouraged us to do.  I can't take credit for setting up the blog.  My Mom is more techno-savvy than I am so she deserves the credit for how good it looks.  Great job, Mom.


For this card, I used craft paper for the card base and cut it to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.  Score and fold the 8 1/2" in half to make an A2 card.  The colored and striped paper is from American Crafts.  The Happy Birthday ribbon is Martha Stewart.  I used the Cindy Loo cartridge for the owl and cut him at 2 3/4".  I love this cartridge and basically everything Provocraft.

Well, I'm going back to "My Happy Space."  Thank you for stopping by and we hope you will come back and send your friends our way!  Until next time, God bless.  Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    That owl is adorable. I also like the saying you used for the front of it.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peggy,
    Thanks for following me. My blog button came with the layout that I bought. I can make one for you if you would like.
    Just let me know what image you want.
    Stacy
    (You can send me an email at lovethatbug1733 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40