Thursday, May 15, 2014

CARDS MADE WITH ONE SHEET OF PAPER - Silhouette Cameo

Hi Everyone - Is anyone else out there addicted to Pinterest? Well, once you get on the site, it's hard to get off.  I found something interesting on there this week.  Instructions on how to make 8 cards using one sheet of 12 x 12 paper.  Just go to Pinterest and type in "cards made with one sheet of paper" and you'll be amazed.

So I found a piece of double sided paper and cut the paper apart as instructed.  Now I think this is a novel idea.  You can get blank card sets including envelopes at AC Moore for $1 and decorate them with one sheet of paper for 50 cents and voila, you have a very nice gift for little money. 

Well, I decorated the blank cards with the shapes that I had cut out and adhered them to the cards.  Just one thing, I seem to have lost my creativity this year while making sure that my son gets through the 7th Grade.  He has just seven more days of school for this year and I'm just as excited about it being over as he is, if not more. 

Since I didn't like them, I took them over to my Mom's house this morning.  Well, Mom being the "Great Creative One" found a way to make them oh so CUTE!!!  She used her Silhouette Cameo to print and cut out owls to add to the front of the cards.

The finished product is below:




Only thing missing is a sentiment.  I'm thinking maybe - "Guess hoot is thankful for you!" or "You're a HOOT!" 

Well, thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure to come back tomorrow and Saturday, Mom has some BEAUTIFUL cards to post.  She's so creative!!!  Thanks for your comments and your visits.  Until another day, Donna (and Peggy since she helped too)!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these all turned out awesome! I am a big fan of owls and they are adorable!
    I will have to go check out Pinterest! Great idea- 4 cards ib one 12x12..yeah! TFS!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40