Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Two Shaped Camera Cards - Two Different Machines - Silhouette, Cricut

Hi Everyone - Man, am I tired - I've had a very busy, productive weekend.  My husband and I deep cleaned on our house on Saturday and then I deep cleaned my car today.  I think someone must have slipped me an energy pill but now I'm TIRED!!!  Oh, and I also made two shaped camera cards with two different machines for two different people.  I wanted to show you how you can make something similar but with the two different machines.

The first card I made was for my niece, Stephanie.  She is married to my nephew, Christopher and today is her birthday.  She is a photographer and collects vintage cameras.  I found this cut file in the Silhouette digi store - Vintage Camera.  I modified the cut file because the camera was not a card.  So I copied the background of the camera, then flipped it, and then grouped the two pieces together to make the cardbase.  The rest of the camera I simply cut out and assembled.




Now the next card is for a special little boy that has a birthday coming up in March.  Please read his story here - Colin's Birthday - I believe you will want to send him a card too.  The story is very moving.

So I thought I would make a camera card with my Cricut.  One problem was I couldn't find a "camera card" that I liked.  So I found this camera on the Locker Talk cartridge.  In Cricut Craft Room, I welded the base of the camera together by copying the base, flipping it, and welding it together.  Then I sized all the pieces of the camera to fit the card base.  Then I cut them all out and adhered them together.



I used the same sentiment for bother cards - A Picture Perfect Birthday is our wish for you!  I hope that Stephanie and Colin will both like their cards.  I hope you will enjoy seeing how you use one idea for two different machines.  Thanks for stopping by today - we appreciate your visits and comments!!

Until another day, God Bless You!!  Donna

Challenges: 


·  613 Avenue Create - W - Challenge #60 Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Use your Country's Colors.
·  Amusing Challenges - W, 2E, No Digi - Anything Goes.
·  Challenges 4 Everybody - M, 3E - (2nd Week) Challenge #38 Anything Goes. (ends February 28th)
·  Dream Valley Challenges - 2W, 3E - (1st week) Challenge #78 Vintage.

1 comment:

  1. Fab cards! I love the camera theme. Thank you for joining our Vintage challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40