Thursday, March 24, 2016

Birthday Card From My Stash

I mentioned yesterday I have been going through all the "stuff" in my craft room.  I was throwing paper in a box to go to a school or Goodwill.  Some stacks were thick and sturdy enough to cut cards out of, so I strategically cut cards from some one-sided patterned paper.  I really love that the background of the card is already there and the back of the card is decorative too. This card is made with one of those cut from  patterned paper.

Card Directions:
I took the card I cut from patterned paper. 10X7".
 This is the front after being folded.
This is the back.  See how pretty it is.  Much better than just getting a plain white back.
Then I took a piece of white Vellum - 10X7", folded in half so it is 5X7".  I placed it inside an Anna Griffin Cuttlebug folder and ran it through my Cut n Boss.  The design will be on both sides of the vellum card.
I ran a strip of adhesive down the folded side of the blue card, then placed it inside of the vellum card.  The adhesive will hold it in place.  No need to do the back, just the front fold.

I die cut two butterflies.
I added the butterflies and a sentiment to the front of the card.  Now you have a beautiful and elegant card using your stash.  

Thank you for stopping by today.  I really enjoyed making this card.  I saw the idea of using the vellum on an Anna Griffin video.  It really perks up a card.  Let me know if you try this.  Until later,

God Bless You!!!  Peggy 

Challenges for this card:
Crafting By Designs - W,F, 3E  3 or More Layers
Fresh Brewed Designs - W, 5E - Happy Birthday
Inspiration Destination - W, F- #78 Always Anything Goes
Everybody-Art-Challenge W - #361 - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread 2W, E3, no digital projects Always Anything Goes (Week 2)
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3, F - Always Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - 2W, 3E, C10 - (Week 2) Birthday
Our Crafty Corner - M, First Monday, E3 - (March) Always Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. You created a gorgeous card with the left overs from your stash. I try to do that as well when I clean out and purge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design. The elegant embossed vellum background is just so pretty.

    Thanks for sharing your fabulous card in our 'Birthdays' challenge

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant card. Lovely butterflies.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog.
    Good luck, Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A card with butterfly's is Always a pretty card. Thank you for joining the our crafty corner challenge.
    Hugs, Melanie DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40