My best friend's niece is having a baby girl in January. I've watched her niece grow from a little girl to a grown married woman. We are throwing a baby shower for her in November and the theme of her nursery and the shower is owls. They are all the rage right now!!
I made candy treat bags for all the people that attend the shower. I made them to look like - you guessed it - OWLS!!!
I cut the brown label using Lacy Labels at 2 1/2". I ran them through the Cuttlebug to emboss them to give the "head" some texture. Then folded them in half.
For the eyes, I used Alphalicious and cut the scalloped circle at 1.25" and then a circle at 1" and then another circle at 3/4".
I glued all the layers of the eyes together. Then I put the candy in the bags and stapled the "brown head" on top of the bag. I glued the eyes over the staples and cut a small triangle for the nose.
Now whooooo doesn't think these are the cutest??? I've got more projects to make for the shower. I'm going to make a banner with the baby's name on it using the Pretty Pennants cartridge. I'm also going to make an owl shaped book for the shower attendees to write "words of wisdom" to Taylor about having a baby!! I'm hoping to have these projects completed this week and will post on the blog for you to see.
Thank you for stopping by today! Mom's back home from her traveling adventures. I got fussed at for not posting on the blog while she was gone. I do have an excuse - last week I was in the world of 6th grade homework - OH MY WORD!!!!!
Thank you for your comments. Until another day - God Bless You!! Donna
- Amusing Challenges - 2E, No Digi - Fall Colors
- Anything But A Card Challenge - 2W, no cards - (2nd week) Fall/Fall Colour/Halloween (ends 27th Oct)
- Catered Crop - 2W - (2nd week) Circles/ Circle Shapes (ends 27th Oct)
- Challenges 4 Everybody - 2W, 3C - (2nd week) Anything Goes (ends 27th Oct)
- PanPastel UK Challenge - 1E, SIO - Animals
- The Crafty Pad - SIO - Use an Animal
- One Stop Craft - 2E W - #201 Anything goes