Thursday, October 6, 2011

SNOW DUMPLING - A CHILD'S YEAR, CUTTLEBUG, DIGITAL DELIGHTS

Hi Everyone!  Wendy at Digital Delights by Louby Loo has new releases coming out today and I chose little "Snow Dumpling" to make a card with.  I must say that when I saw the digi that I just went, AWWWWW!!  He's the cutest!!



To make this card, I used Cricut Craftroom and card feature on A Child's Year to cut the card base out of blue metallic paper.  The card originally had three snowflakes on the bottom but I only needed one snowflake.  I used the Hide Contour in CCR to hide two of the snowflakes.  I then cut the card at 12" x 6" and folded in half.


I used the snowflake cuttlebug to emboss a white square of cardstock.  I used blue chalk on the embossed paper.  I colored "snow dumpling" with Promarkers.  I cut two strips of White Glitter Paper - one for the front of the card and one for the inside of the card.  I used Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch Around the Page punches to make snowflake borders with the glitter paper.  I punched the corners on top of the digi square and adhered blue bling.  I tied a bow using white wired ribbon.


I then cut two snowflakes from A Child's Year and secured them to the front of the card with a snowflake brad. 

This card will be entered in the following challenges: 
Anything Goes Challenge - 2W- 1E - Diecuts/Punches or Both·        
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesdays - 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #36 Shaped Cards AND/OR Breast Cancer Awareness
Sweet Stamps 1E, C10, SIO - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes (plus Ribbons) 

Crafty Cardmakers - 2W, C15 - (1st week) Anything Goes 
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Mojo Monday - Sketch* 

I might just have to use this digi for my Christmas cards this year.  He's just too cute!! Please stop over at Digital Delights to view all the other digis and creations by the Design Team!!  You'll be glad you did!! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we appreciate you!!  Until another day, God Bless You!!  Donna

16 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! Makes me think "snow"! So cute...
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is adorable. Love the soft blue color. Perfect image for Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna!
    This is so cute! You always do such an amazing job incorporating Cricut stuff with your digital images:) You have truly inspired me to blow the dust off my machine! Thank you! ♥
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Donna:)
    Hugs
    Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
    www.digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, this is perfection as usual! I love your color choices and all of the textures and layers! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This card is awesome! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card - the navy is an unusual choice for a Christmas card, but it really works well. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Good Luck!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable image, and such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo..aaahhh... I love this card. Great digi and paper and details.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, he is just soooooo cute!!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
    Hugs Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great creation - Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges... Come join us again soon!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a cutie .. gorgeous little image
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute, lovely, thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet face...great job with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute image and a fab card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40