Sunday, September 11, 2011

REMEMBERING 9-11-01

On the morning of September 11, 2001, at 9:25 a.m., I was out walking Jacob in his stroller.  When I came back inside, I had a message to call Craig.  When I called him back, he told me to turn on the TV, that he had heard on the radio that a plane had hit one of the twin towers.  I can still remember the feeling in the bit of my stomach as I watched the events of the day unfold on the television. 

Jacob was just crawling then and after giving him a bottle, he crawled over to a crocheted blanket that my mom had made for him.  This blanket had been laying across a rocking chair and he had never picked it up until that day.  On that day, he crawled over to that blanket and pulled it down on the floor.  All that day, he kept that blanket with him, even slept with it. 

Even though Jacob was only 9 months old on that day, he could still feel all the emotions that the events of the day had caused.  That blanket made him feel more secure and he still sleeps with it to this day.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who lost a family member on 9-11-2011.  Our prayers are also for our nation that was forever changed since that date.   We still need God's mercy.  May God Bless You and May God Bless America!!!  Donna and Peggy

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40