Thursday, June 30, 2011

THANK YOU to my Volunteers!!

Hi Everyone - Last week, Mom and I showed you some pictures of the Service Awards Banquet that we hosted for the volunteers at Memorial Hospital.  Our color scheme of the party was black, gold, and red.  I wanted to make some thank you cards for the volunteers that helped with the set up of the event. 




To make the cards, I chose paper from the La Creme stack by Die Cuts with a View.  In Design Studio, I used the book feature on the Elegant Edges to form a card measuring 8.35 x 5 inches.  I chose the book feature that had heart cut outs because the theme of our banquet was "An Evening of Heart and Soul."  I scored the center to fold into cards.    I cut red cardstock to measure 2" x 5" to show through the hearts.  I used Word for the sentiment and popped it on top of black cardstock. 


These were simple cards to make; but I needed to make a lot of cards in a short amount of time.  I made 12 cards in less than an hour. 


 I must confess that my house is extremely quiet this week because Jacob is with Mamaw!  But I've been enjoying myself even though I miss my son bunches!!  I'll have to deprogram him next week I'm sure if I can get him to come home!  Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll come back again tomorrow!  Until another day, God bless you!!  Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    I love these cards. I really like the heart punch outs, very nice touch
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40