Friday, January 14, 2011

Basketball Card for Braden - Sports Mania

I have a wonderful friend, Sherry, who has a son who's birthday is TODAY which is two days before Jacob's birthday.  Braden and Jacob are 3 years and 2 days apart in age.  Sherry and I were stay at home moms together for a while and our boys have always been big buddies.  Braden is involved in every sport imaginable and right now, he is playing basketball.  Thus, I made him a basketball card!!

I used the basketball on the Sports Mania cartridge and Design Studio to weld the basketball shape into a card which I folded in half.  I then ran the top layer through the Cuttlebug to add the texture of the basketball.  I pop dotted the sentiments that were printed off using Word.

I hope Braden will like it!!  He's such a sweet, mannerly young man!!  Happy Birthday, Braden!!

Thanks for visiting!! Until another day, God Bless You!!  Donna

6 comments:

  1. They are adorable and they will love them. My son plays professional ball, and his birthday is next month. I have to make one for him! Love them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love how you embossed the front of the card, great texture! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is GREAT! I don't have the Sports Mania Cartridge BUT I do have the Basketball Cartridge. I just went to my Gypsy and tried it. It does have a nice basketball and when I drag it off to the corner I can almost duplicate your card. Thanks for the idea. My Granddaughters will be playing basketball soon and I just might try making it girlish by adding some pink or purple and a bow. Oh now you have my creative juices flowing. :)

    marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it...i'm sure the boy rec. it will too. I just gotta get me a cuttlebug...I love the texture looks it can give things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    This is super cute. I love the idea of using the basketball and the texture on it is fantastic.
    Really cute sentiment as well.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute. Great style.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40