Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Live, Love, Dance

This young lady is my great niece, Leah.    She's growing up so fast and is very sweet and prettyShe recently had a dance recital and her Mom posted this picture of her in her dance costume on Facebook.  


When I saw the image I'm using today I wanted to color it for her.  I originally was going to make her a card but after I got the image colored Donna said, "Mom, it's too pretty to just put on a card." So we decided a frame would be a good idea.  So I went to Michael's (any excuse to go to Michael's) and found this frame.  I painted it white and inked the edges with CTMH Blush Ink.


I cut a 5X7 mat from pink sequined paper, added the digital image.  This image is from Aurora Wings and is called Flower Ballerina.  I love this type of digistamp.  I colored her with Promarkers.
After placing the mat & digi in the frame, I glued lace around the frame.
I then cut leaves using the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge, added flowers, gems, flourishes and a lace bow to complete the frame.  The lavender flowers are off-white inked with orchid ink. This is my finished product.  I must say I love the way it looks.
I hope Leah will like it.
Here are a couple of close ups of the flowers.

I know this has been a long post but I wanted to give you details so you can try it.  Thank you for coming by today.  I would like to know what you think.  God Bless You!!!!  Peggy

Challenges:

Created With Love  - Anything Goes 
Creative Stamp Friends - Pastels 
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Ribbon and/or Lace
CDAC - Anything Goes
Whimsical Designs - 1EVintage
 Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog -  #8 Ribbons and Lace

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project. The soft colors and embellishments are so pretty.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your image and project thanks for sharing with CWLC this week happy crafting to you
    Rachel http://blossomcards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful project. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, such a lovely project. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes at Created with Love Challenge.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word this is so beautiful. Gonna book mark your page so I can come back and reread this post so I can make this stunning frame. Great project and yours is wonderful. thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Fabulous project! Thank you SO much for sharing this fantastic creation with us at MIM! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous creation, thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Peggy,
    The card is in the Silhouette store. It is a Samantha Walker bohemian gatefold card #12959.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous project -- love the delicate look to it, especially the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peggy this is a beautiful project. That's one f my very favorite images of Sherry's. Your niece will adore it. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image beautifully coloured! Thanks for entering Rhedd and Rosies challenge, please could you link to the challenge blog? Thanks, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx
    Ps, could you please disable the word verification? You may find you will get a lot more comments left without it, also a lot of challenges won't include blogs with it on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is wonderful. Your coloring is beautiful. Yes, this needs to be in a frame. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! Thank you so very much for sharing this with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card! thanks for playing with "CWLC" this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an absolutely beautiful project, Peggy. Fabulous coloring on the image, and your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CDAC.

    Christine - CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Peggy this is a beautiful project you share with us, this definitely your niece is going to love and cherish. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty, perfectly princessy! Thanks for joining in the fun at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous project and beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40