Monday, April 11, 2011

My Favorite NettieG Digital Image

Today starts a new challenge at NettieG's Digital Gems.  The requirements were for us to use our favorite digi and our favorite colors.  Nettie has just returned home after an 8 day stay in the hospital battling pneumonia.  Please pray for her recovery.  This is my card for the challenge but I would like to tell you why this is my favorite.

This is not the original of this image.  The original only has the elephant and is for sale in Nettie's shop.  When I saw it, it reminded me of Jacob, Donna's son.  I sent Nettie an email and told her this story.  Before Jacob was born, I crocheted him a blue blanket.  It has been an extension of him since he was a baby.  When he would get up in the mornings, he would wrap it around his neck and carry it until he woke up good.  When going to sleep, he had to have it.  He would entwine his fingers through it and of course he would have to have it in bed.  Donna told me I needed to  make another one because he was going to wear it out.  I did but he didn't like it.  He had to have the original for some reason.  When Nettie heard my story, she altered her image to include a blanket and sent it to me.   She drew the original when her son was a child.  Thank you, Nettie, for making this version for me.

Card Materials:
A2 Card Base
Background Paper - DCWV Denim Paper Stack
Digital Image - Boy with Toy from Nettie G's Digital Image Store
Sentiment from Create With TLC
Red Bling
Red Stickles
Promarkers Used:
Face/Skin - Satin, Pastel Pink
Hair - Almond, Mustard
Eyes - Blue Pearl
Shirt - Primrose, Soft Lime, Lemon
Blanket - Blue Pearl, Cornflower
Elephant - Cool Grey 1 and Cool Grey 3
Pants - Grey Green, Tea Green
Shoes - Tan, Cocoa

Thank you for your support of our blog.  We love our followers.  Please stop by again tomorrow for another Design Team post.  All my DT posts fell due in this week.  God Bless You!!!  Peggy

3 comments:

  1. I sure will pray for her. Your card is beautiful, love the image and the colors. Have a blessed and fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story and aren't you lucky that you have such a special image to work with. The card is fantastic.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy,
    I love the card, but I love the story more! How sweet
    Hugs,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40