Monday, January 9, 2012

BE GOOD TO YOURSELF - Elegant Edges, Doodle Pantry, Martha Stewart

Hi Everyone - BE GOOD TO YOURSELF - that's my motto for this year.  I've decided that this is the year that I'm going to not only be good to everyone else, but I'm going to be good to ME also!!! 

I used the "Workout Birdie" from Doodle Pantry to make this card for MYSELF!!  TO ME FROM ME, WITH LOVE!!  I'm going to put this card on my desk at work since that's the place that I spend most of my time in the day.  I want it somewhere where it will serve as a daily reminder to BE GOOD TO YOURSELF. 




To make this card:
  • I covered the cardbase with green BAZZILL cardstock.
  • I printed the pattern papers from Doodle Pantry
  • I attached rectangles of pattern paper to the front of the card
  • I used the Martha Stewart Garden Gate punch to make the border which I adhered one of the rectangles.
  • Using Cricut Elegant Edges, I cut a 3" scalloped circle.
  • I printed the colored version of the Workout Birdie and trimmed it to a circle.
  • I glued a flower to the front of the card
  • The sentiment was printed from Doodle Pantry and popped on the front of the card.
As I said, this will sit on my desk in a prominent spot so that I'll see it all throughout the day and year.  I hope this card will inspire you to "be good to yourself" also!! 

Thanks for letting me and my mom take some time off from posting.  Mom is still recovering and will hopefully be back to posting sometime this week.  Thank you for your comments and your prayers.  We hope you'll come back again - until another day!  God Bless You, Donna

Challenges: 
Sisters - #73 Things with Wings  
Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO -  January Anything Goes   
Crafty Emma - E3 2W - #67 Anything goes  
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - SIO - #110 Time to shape up! (see challenge for details) 
Craft Us Crazy - 3E, 2W - Christmas, Anything New and/or Humorous 
Forever Friends - M, SIO, must include an animal - (January) A Shaped Card  
Throwback Thursday - 1E, must use Cricut - Sports (ends 18th Jan)  
Inky Impressions - 2W, SIO - #39 anything goes  
Paper Shelter Challenge - 3E, SIO - #45 anything goes  
Penny's Paper-Crafty - 2W - #70 birds 

    26 comments:

    1. Oh Donna, this is such a cute card! I love the little birdy!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a pretty card! Congrats on your decision to be proud of yourself! You have a lot to be thankful for and to be proud of! I am so glad Peggy is better! Tell her "Hello"! Oh, yes, and Max, too!
      Carolyn
      http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is so cute. Love the reason for it.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Donna, I'm so glad to see this resolution. You're a beautiful, dynamic woman and I'm so proud of you. I'll be your second reminder to Be Good To Yourself. I love you.

      MOM

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a fun little birdie! Reminds me of Olivia Newton John in Let's Get Physical LOL! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

      ~ Cassandra

      ReplyDelete
    6. Awww....Donna - this is SO 'tweet'!!! Love the touch of bling in the top corner too! Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Real cute, love the image!

      Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
      Hugs Shell xx

      ReplyDelete
    8. Love your card, we often forget to take care of us, great idea and just so pretty.

      Continued well wishes and prayers that your Mom feels better and better each day.

      Hugs, Lori m

      ReplyDelete
    9. Donna, such a great idea...I hope this is your best year ever! Love your card, especially the garden gate punch and the lovely circle behind your image. Take care.
      hugs....

      ReplyDelete
    10. Hi Peggy, what a cute card! Your right we all need to be better to ourselves. That is usually the one person we forget about. Great job with the card!
      Hugs, Sarah

      ReplyDelete
    11. Great card Donna, cute little image, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

      ReplyDelete
    12. Donna, that's a great resolution, and I love that you made a card for yourself! Love the MS border punch you added.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Love your resolution, I agree be good to yourself! Great card.

      ReplyDelete
    14. This is a very fun card. Love that little bird. Thank You for joining us at Bugaboo this time for our Anything goes Challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Your card is is just so cute,I love all the bright colours and I especially love that you made it for yourself! What a great idea.

      ReplyDelete
    16. So pretty loving your card. Great job. Love your new year's motto.

      Have a great day.

      ReplyDelete
    17. A perfect card for you to see every day! I do the same thing ;)
      Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Your card is darling, and so perfect for our Bird Challenge at Penny's. Hope you will join us again next time.
      Blessings,
      karen - Design Team Member

      ReplyDelete
    19. A lovely sentiment to go with a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

      ReplyDelete
    20. Great card, I love the workout birdie and your papers are fabulous! Loving that border punch too.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Cute card. That little workout bird is SO super darling! Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

      ReplyDelete
    22. Congrats Donna on your win at Penny's!!

      Courtney~

      ReplyDelete
    23. This is Gorgeous! What a beautiful color scheme which really make the adorable image pop.

      ReplyDelete

    I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

    Peggy T.

    Cricut Top 40