Saturday, September 17, 2011

Corner Bookmark

I ran across this tutorial and realized I had never made it.  It was a quick project.  This is a novel way to hold your place in a book.  I plan to make several of these for myself and my friends who read a lot.  


Cut one 4"X4" piece of cardstock and one 2 3/4" X 2 3/4" of cardstock.  My paper is KandCo. Blue Awning.

Mark the center of three sides of the 4" cardstock square.  Score between two of the marks.  Repeat on the other side.  Fold on score lines forming a point. 
Add a decorative border on the unscored side.  I used Martha Stewart's Scroll Lace Edge Punch.  

Cut the 2 3/4" cardstock square in half diagonally forming two triangles.

Use one of the triangles on the front of the bookmark and decorate. I got carried away decorating and forgot to make more pictures.  LOL.  I cut a lacy circle from American Alphabet, one of the cartridges on the E2, added Prima flowers and used a Viva Decor Pearl Pen for the pearls.  Turn the bookmark over, fold corners back and apply Scor-Tape over them.  Place your second triangle over the flaps.  This will keep your bookmark closed.  


This is a link to the original tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  Thanks for visiting our blog today.  We appreciate the visits and comments. Have a wonderful weekend.  God Bless You!!!!  Peggy 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Peggy, This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and the lace details!!! I am so glad that the box worked well for you. It took me a long time to figure out how to make them that easily. Finally, after measuring a hundred different ways, it all turned out. Hee! Hee! The boxes turned out gorgeous and I am so glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is so pretty!!! I've been intending to do one of those but have not ever gotten around to it. What a great incentive yours is for me to get going on one!!! LOL!!!

    Sure it won't turn out nearly as pretty as yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little piece of art work! What a great idea!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40